Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

The end arrived early

A day or two after my last blog post I went to Spotlight and bought myself some sewing things that I thought I may need. I got some material to make a dress and a few other things like zips, a seam ripper and matching colored thread. Afterwards I went to an op-shop and from there I picked up a king size bed sheet that had a nice pattern on it. It was only about $2 dollars so I thought I could cut it up and make a practice dress out of it.

In the first place I planned to use my mums old sewing machine...

But it looked as though it existed when dinosaurs did and I just couldn't figure it out.

So I got out our other sewing machine, that honestly wasn't much better, but at least I knew how to work it..

I modified and used this pattern and cut my material. 

This is what I ended up with. 

I then pinned my material and began to sew. 
It was all going great.. until my machine decided to break. 
The unhappy end.

1 comment:

  1. K definitely seeing this post way late but that's a total bummer your sewing machine broke! I can somewhat relate as my sewing machine is a piece of crap. I really need to get a new one but the dress looks so good for what you've done with it so far! It's going to look soo cute when it's finished, I'm excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete